The Dr. Oz Show March 16, 2016 – Another Making of a Murderer Story You Haven’t Heard
The D.R OZ SHOW l The Story of One Woman’s Near-Death Experience
The D.R OZ SHOW l Genetically Modified Salmon Coming to a Store Near You 6/7/16
Dr Mehmet Oz Keynote at the Health and Happiness Summit USANA Video
Dr. Mehmet Oz on Better Health, Healing and Living Well
Eat Healthy And Lose Weight
Health Tips for Healthy Living
1.Eat three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner); it is important to remember that dinner does not have to be the largest meal.
2. The bulk of food consumption should consist of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk products.
3. Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts (with emphasis on beans and nuts).
4. Choose foods that are low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars; look at the labels because the first listed items on the labels comprise the highest concentrations of ingredients.
5. Control portion sizes; eat the smallest portion that can satisfy hunger and then stop eating.
6. Snacks are OK in moderation and should consist of items like fruit, whole grains, or nuts to satisfy hunger and not cause excessive weight gain.
7. void sodas and sugar-enhanced drinks because of the excessive calories in the sodas and sugar drinks; diet drinks may not be a good choice as they make some people hungrier and increase food consumption.
8. Avoid eating a large meal before sleeping to decrease gastroesophageal reflux and weight gain.
9. If a person is angry or depressed, eating will not solve these situations and may make the underlying problems worse.
10. Avoid rewarding children with sugary snacks; such a pattern may become a lifelong habit for people.
11. Avoid heavy meals in the summer months, especially during hot days.
12. A vegetarian lifestyle has been promoted for a healthy lifestyle and weight loss; vegetarians should check with their physicians to be sure they are getting enough vitamins, minerals, and iron in their food.
13. Cooking foods (above 165 F) destroys most harmful bacteria and other pathogens; if you choose to eat uncooked foods like fruits or vegetables, they should be thoroughly washed with running treated (safe to drink) tap water right before eating.
14. Avoid eating raw or undercooked meats of any type.
Top Tips To Promote Healthy Childhood Eating
1. Have regular family meals. Knowing dinner is served at approximately the same time every night and that the entire family will be sitting down together is comforting and enhances appetite. Breakfast is another great time for a family meal, especially since kids who eat breakfast tend to do better in school.
2. Cook more meals at home. Eating home cooked meals is healthier for the whole family and sets a great example for kids about the importance of food. Restaurant meals tend to have more fat, sugar, and salt. Save dining out for special occasions.
3. Get kids involved. Children enjoy helping adults to shop for groceries, selecting what goes in their lunch box, and preparing dinner. It's also a chance for you to teach them about the nutritional values of different foods, and (for older children) how to read food labels.
4. Make a variety of healthy snacks available instead of empty calorie snacks. Keep plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grain snacks, and healthy beverages (water, milk, pure fruit juice) around and easily accessible so kids become used to reaching for healthy snacks instead of empty calorie snacks like soda, chips, or cookies.
5.Limit portion sizes. Don’t insist your child cleans the plate, and never use food as a reward or bribe.